Saturday, February 25, 2017

Watching Star Wars with BB-8

When I was introducing BB-8 to the students, several pointed out that they had one at home and a few mentioned that the BB-8 interacts with the movie.  Everybody was intrigued by that idea!  The kids who owned BB-8s at home hadn't tried it or were unable to explain it well, so the other kids all wanted to watch the movie in library and see how the droid interacts.  I vetoed that idea, but I couldn't resist trying it myself over vacation! 




It's cute, and funny to do once, but probably not something I'd do regularly. Also, it requires a constant connection to a cellphone with the app open and running. Serious battery drain for both the droid and the phone, and (I'll confess) it's hard to give up my phone for that long! :)

1 comment:

  1. what will they think of next ???, said one student's grandmother

    ReplyDelete