Sunday, January 29, 2017

BB8 is coming to DBS!

I'm so excited that we will get to play with a BB8 robot next month!


The students at DBS have had exposure to coding through Hour of Code, Code.org, Scratch, and enrichment groups.  Some students have also experimented with the Lego WeDo and Lego Mindstorms kits we have in the library.  I signed up to participate in the Vermont Robot Rodeo this year with the goal of expanding on this coding experience in a fun new way. 

I don't have a fully thought out plan just yet, as I only found out a few days ago that we were getting BB8, but my goal is to let all classes and all students get a turn to program and control the robot.  I may also bring out a prebuilt WeDo robot and a prebuilt Mindstorm robot to add to the mix.  Maybe my kiddos will let me borrow their Ozobots as well.  :) 

By the time we send BB8 on to it's new host in early March, I hope that all students at DBS will have written a program, controlled a robot, and had a little fun.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment