Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

Dothan Brook students have big wishes for 2017!
My Wish For 2017 Is...

I put up this bulletin board last month with the hopes that students would write their (kind and considerate) wishes upon the stars.  I hung a small bucket of markers off to the side and walked away.  

To have my cats back, no school, more social studies, live with freedom and pride, do a back handspring, and have an awesome year. 
I was surprised and oh-so-pleased when the stars filled up fast and students started drawing their own stars with wishes on them.  I quickly hung up more stars and the students just as quickly filled them.

To say hi to everyone, to be a better person, to have more books, and, of course, a little puppy dog!
The kids were so excited about the board and I was excited to see so many positive messages.  One child wished her sister could do better in math, another wished for a baby sibling, another wished for her parents to still love her even though they are divorcing.  Lots of kids wished for more school or no school, more math or no math, books, puppies, and iPhones. 

I hope their wishes come true and that all of your wishes for 2017 come true as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment